World Vision Peace Prize

celebrating international excellence in peacebuilding

Please add any pictures or supporting documentation here in this discussion.

Click the PDF attachment below to read the complete nomination of IDEFOCS

Views: 498

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

These were some of the former child soldiers that benefited from the child soldiers Reintegration Fund that was established by IDEFOCS and the Pittsburgh University, Research Department of Ford Institute for Human Security in 2007.

About 450 former child soldiers benefited from various vocational and technical skill training program. The program also provided conflict management training and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Counseling PTSD.

The traditional dance was a celebration of the IDEFOCS Peace Festival that called on community leaders and other stake holders as a means of creating awareness for the redress of the DDRR program in Libeia.

This page also show case a major sanitation program that was sponsor by Sara Terry, from Boston, USA. The sanitation clean up vulnerable communities and  other government institution, including market place.

These are all awareness programs, and is also used for PTSD therapy.

Agriculture plays a major role in trauma therapy according to our research. The program is also used to create constant awareness for the rehabilitation and reintegration of former child soldiers.

The IDEFOCS article that is written in the Liberia Business Magazine aims at giving a broad view of the vision of IDEFOCS. We intend to build a Botanical reintegration village that will be used to provide basic education program specially designed for former child soldiers.

The village will contain, the child soldiers Memorial Peace Towel, this will serve as memory for the many former child soldiers that lost their because of some unconventional means.

The IDEFOCS logo indicate Peace. The man in the logo is a former child soldiers. His past life indicate the dripping down of the Gun while his present life reflect the pen and note book .

This is IDEFOCS' motto: Transform the Heart and Develop the Mind.

May GOD give us more strength to continue our advocacy for peace; peace in our heart, mind, body , soul and spirit. These may ignite to our family, friends, community, country and the whole world. 

kalinaw mindanao movement, inc. Year theme " Blessed are those who work for peace for they shall be called the children of the Holy GOD"

GOD bless all peace advocates!

CHILD SOLDIERS DESERVE REHABILITATION AND REINTEGRATION AS A MEASURE OF GIVING THEM SECOND CHANCE. GIVING THEM THE SUPPORT WILL NEVER BE A MISTAKE BUT AN OPPORTUNITY TO PROVIDE PEACE AND SECURITY TO ANY WAR TORN COUNTRY IN AFRICA AND THE WORLD AT LARGE.
Promoting former child soldiers rehabilitation is the best any organization or government can give to young people who were once associated with fighting forces. They are not to be rejected because of their pass, but should consider them as part of the society. Promote former child soldiers rehabilitation and change the world from violence to peace.

As the world merges to promote global peace and security, the rehabilitation and reintegration of former child soldiers (FCS) and women associated with fighting forces (WAFF) remain one of the major pillars of Peace and Security. Let we all move forward to support FCS and WAFF to make the war a better place.

Wow, this is a great overview of IDEFOCS!  I can't wait to hear even more about what IDEFOCS is going to do in the future.

I would like to endorse IDEFOCS as an outstanding peacebuilding organization that is most deserving of a prize. I got to know IDEFOCS while they were still at the Buduburam refugee settlement in Ghana, and was very impressed with their desire and motivation to rebuild the trust of the community and reintegrate not just themselves but all others in their position. At the time, I was an undergrad volunteer. I am now two years into an international social work MSW, and have been following the progress of IDEFOCS closely. They have made tremendous strides towards achieving their goals and helping other former child soldiers as well as girlfriends, wives, and children of child soldiers. They are inclusive and progressive, and consistently seeking knowledge to improve and develop their organization further.

I know they would make wonderful and truly inspiring use of the World Vision Peace Prize. Thank you for your consideration of them!

RSS

© 2017   Created by WV Peacebuilding.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service